- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 5.1 x 5.1 inches ; 2.4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- ASIN: B000ZPMYCC
- Item model number: BM6400-00E
List Price :
Price : $120.00
You Save : $80.00 (40%)
Amazon.com Product Description
Explore new, exciting depths with this men's Eco-Drive 200 Meter dive timepiece. Equipped with significant stainless case, black canvas strap, and boldly luminous hands and oversized numbers, you'll be in a position to readily read the time no matter whether you are diving deep into the sea or relaxing next to the pool. Extra functions contain a 3-hand function, date indicator window, non-reflective crystal, screw-back case and screw-down crown.
The Citizen Story
For the duration of the final seventy-five years Citizen has expanded its company all through the globe and has accomplished recognition as the international brand. The past twenty-5 year period has coincided with the company’s dramatic rise to its current position as the world’s biggest watchmaker, a distinction Citizen has held every single year given that 1986.
Beyond sheer size, Citizen is also recognized as a worldwide leader in advanced technology. From the world’s slimmest LCD watch to the 1st voice recognition watch and the world’s 1st skilled dive watch with an electronic depth sensor, Citizen’s record of "world’s firsts" is unmatched.
Alot more recently, Citizen has staked out a new position as the leader in timekeeping with its Eco-Drives watches that are light powered. With models ranging from dress models to sports models to skilled dive watches, Citizen Eco-Drive runs continuously in any type of natural or artificial light for a lifetime of use. Fueled by light, it never ever requirements a battery.
I am slowly converting my watch collection from a mix of self-winding automatic and a few quartz to all Citizen Eco-Drives. This is the newest addition and I am delighted with it. The watch is a "beater"...it will be wonderful for weekends, travel and whenever you want a watch that can take something. The stainless steel case and bezel have a satin finish and the screw-down crown is knurled. The dial is an oil black, not a flat black as you might possibly anticipate in a "military" watch. The substantial numbers and markers have a ton of luminous material and glow like beacons in a dark environment -- perfect for night viewing. The second hand is precisely registered with the second markings on the chapter ring. The crystal is a flat, hardened mineral crystal with an anti-reflective coating (presumably on the interior of the crystal) so there is pretty little reflection. This is a substantial 42mm diameter watch -- not such as the crown which is guarded with shoulders]. It is not clear if the woven, fabric band is nylon or some other material it is nicely created and the holes for the clasp are reinforced with stainless steel rivets. I genuinely like this watch and ... at a mere $105 ... this is a awesome obtain.
I was unable to choose between this model and the BM8180-03E, which is a much more utilitarian looking model. So I ordered each, but am keeping this. My impressions:
- The BM6400-00E is alot more substantial. I'm a medium-develop guy, and I thought the BM8180-03E looked small for my wrist size.
- This is a better seeking model than the BM8180-00E. I'm incredibly picky when it comes to watch types, and I seriously like the way this looks. This is even more 'dressy' however is not too fancy looking as an everyday watch. It will look considerably nicer with a suit than the BM8180, which is much less costly searching
- I was worried about the date display being also smaller. I assume it looks smaller than it is considering of the oversize numbers on the dial, but it is nevertheless totally readable.
- The band on the BM6400 is longer than the band on the 8180, and the black looks significantly improved than the green. I find the band to be comfy, and am not in any rush to go swap it out for one other.
- I favor the 'screw-down' crown on the BM6400 - less worries about water obtaining into the case. The BM8180 has a two-notch crown that doesn't screw down.
All in all, this model is additional than worth the extra $25 dollars among the two, and is a great deal at this cost.
- Light powered eco-drive Japanese-quartz movement charges in natural sunlight or indoor light
- Black durable nylon strap
- Date calendar function
- Luminous hands and hour/minute markers compact brushed stainless steel case
- Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M)